problems with passwords.

By mastermichael
Jul 29, 2006
  1. a few days ago i got locked out of my admin and now i cant do anyhting on my limited account does anyone know how to bypass this password?
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

Of course I do, although MS might be a bit peeved to know that, but do I care ? nope not at all....

Just some of my favourite ways of getting past the password...
  3. mastermichael

mastermichael TS Rookie Topic Starter

than dont freaking post genuis

that wouldnt work its a admin
  4. Ididmyc600

All the suggestions work, the boot disk will reset the password on any valid account wether it's locked or not,

The Sam file holds the password info and deleting it will get rid of all passwords.

You dont want to reinstall as you need the info.

Yes I am a genius (to a small degree) and if you dont want help or dont understand the point of a post then don't insult me, I have been doing this forum for a long time, and I help where I can and in my own time without any rewards other than knowing I have helped as do all those in this forum.

The attitude you have will end up in you being labelled a troll and people will tend to ignore your posts.

5. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,168

You want the password for the accound named "administrator"?

Follow the advice posted. If you need the specific part picked out of the thread, then use the following tool to blank the administrator password...
  6. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Posts: 595

There is a file called user.dat. edit it and see if you can change your limited accout to admin. I've never edited it before, so I wouldn't know what to do to change it, but It's somewhere in there. I know. Try editing
  7. Ididmyc600

The User.dat file is only on Win95, 98 and ME and is found on the root drive, under NT 2K and XP they are called Software, System, SAM, Security, Default, and UserDiff. and reside in the System32\config folder and are not readable unless you use a program such as regedit or regedit32.
    However you cannot change anything in the registry under a limited account as you dont have the rights.

From this website
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.