Problems with PC to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems connecting a pc to a tv from a geforce2 (unsure of exact model).

There are a couple of problems.

1) Flickering. Tried adjusting the flicker settings and a number of the display settings, sometimes will stop flickering, but...

2) When the flickering stops the colours are all wrong, and we don't seem able to adjust them that much. The blue is fine, but greens and reds appear varying degrees of orange.

3) the desktop won't fit properly onto the tv screen, although when playing video it sometimes ajdusts itself, but if the colours have been ok they get messed up and if it wasn't flickering it starts flickering with the right colours but then the colours mess up soon into playback.

This is the same with s-video and composite cables and with both of those into a scart adaptor. It's a friends computer and I forgot to not the exact spec but it's running xp home and I downloaded drivers from the nvidia website a couple of das ago. I can find out anything else if needed.

Any help would be much appreciated

Kate

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

What version nVideo driver do you have installed?
The latest is 81.94, I think.
Do you have any video play back problems on the PC?

Right click desktop and select properties, click settings tab and then
advanced button. This is where you can get most video card info.

G'Luck

I believe that is the version, i downloaded it on saturday, so its pretty new, as i say, it's not my computer so i don't have instant access to it, but i'll get my mate to check.

No video playback problems on the pc and the colours are fine on the monitor.

There just doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the settings so that there's no flicker and the right colours.

Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back