Problems with PC

I JUST RECENTLY BUILT MY OWN PC AND I PLUG IN MY HDMI TO MY VIDEO CARD TO MY MONITOR AND IT SAYS "NO SIGNAL" CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY MAYBE?

The "no signal" error can be caused by a couple of things. If you could do the follow:
  • Make sure all hardware is securely connected to motherboard.
  • Make sure all cable connections are secure.
  • Confirm connections for both the 20-24pin MOBO power and 4-8pin CPU power.
  • Unplug all extra peripherals connected to the machine that aren't required for operation. (This means all fans, optical drives, add-in PCI/PCIE cards.. etc. )
Moving forward, do you know if the motherboard has on-board video? If so, it's possible that it's defaulting to that instead of your discrete graphics. If you could provide a full spec list to help troubleshoot your problem it would help.

PS: Turning off caps lock when posting and replying will make more people want to help you.

The "no signal" error can be caused by a couple of things. If you could do the follow:
  • Make sure all hardware is securely connected to motherboard.
  • Make sure all cable connections are secure.
  • Confirm connections for both the 20-24pin MOBO power and 4-8pin CPU power.
  • Unplug all extra peripherals connected to the machine that aren't required for operation. (This means all fans, optical drives, add-in PCI/PCIE cards.. etc. )
Moving forward, do you know if the motherboard has on-board video? If so, it's possible that it's defaulting to that instead of your discrete graphics. If you could provide a full spec list to help troubleshoot your problem it would help.

PS: Turning off caps lock when posting and replying will make more people want to help you.
Okay thank you so much and sorry about the caps lock.

I've tried all of that and nothing is chaning. My processor chip has bent little prods. Could that be the reason?

If your CPU pins are bent, it's a good chance it'll be problem for you. That would definitely cause you problems. You could try to straighten them out, but you'd have to be careful not to damage it further. Did you receive the processor with the pins already bent? If so, I'd just RMA it back. If not, you may be a out of luck.

Back