TechSpot

Problems with Radeon 7500 updating driver

By zalina
Feb 21, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey there please let me know if i havent given enough information to explain my problem. I will do everything i can to give you all i know.

I run Windows xp professional on my dell latitude pc. (laptop) I play world of warcraft on it and i noticed lately the game hasnt been running well along with the computer just being overloaded. So i decided to reformat and i did so. once i reformatted i installed the drivers that came with the dell resource cd and installed all video and audio drivers. then i went to update my video drivers as i had done before when i first installed the game to begin with. Well now when i go to upgrade to the newest version of my video driver(catalyst) i get an error while trying to install it says "INF ERROR Video driver not found" then followed by try setting up a standard VGA driver before installing"...ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling troubleshooting this is driving me nuts. I still cannot get my poor video driver to update correctly.

Specs are

Windows xp professional
    Mobility radeon 7500 video driver

if there is anything else i can tell you please ask and ill gladly give you as much info as possible. Can anyone shed some light on the situation? i know i can update my video driver ive done it before! but now i cant do it....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.