Problems with Radeon 9550 Graphic Lines/Trails

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nerf09

Hi guys,
I bought a new video card not long ago to replace my Radeon 7000 so I bought the Radeon Power Color 9550, and pretty much everything runs fine (the games are great) except for one thing: I get lines, trails from the graphics displayed (like text and images) when it's against a pale background. I'm including a photo to better describe my problem. I have done pretty much any step possible:reinstalled the driver, contacted ATI "support", installed their newest drivers, then when it didn't work they told me to either send the card back to the store, or send it to them. I went back to the store, got another one that turned out broken and returned it again. The third one works fine....except for it does the same problem as the first.

I've established that it's surely a compatibility issue as the same problem shows up, and I've been looking for drivers but can't see what I need. I didn't want to change card because I got a great deal on this one (thank you competition). I need your help guys!

Radeon 256mb/mo, 128 bit, AGP 8X

Intel pentium 4 1500MHz
1.50 GHz 512mb RAM

Attachments

• 100_1008_smaller.jpg
    100_1008_smaller.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 10
Please folks, I really need some help here, anyone has any idea what causes my problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Did you uninstall the old driver through Add/Remove Programs before installing any new graphics card drivers? Which ATI Catalyst driver are you using? I know Powercolor makes two kinds of your card, with fan and without. Which did you get? If you have one with a fan, is it working? Do you have another monitor to try?

For what it's worth, I installed a Powercolor 9550 256MB card with fan in my parents PC and haven't seen your problem.

Yes I did, the first time around I even had my father do the job for me (he used to be a system admin. so he knows what he's doing), and everything was uninstalled first. Also, I do have the the card with the fan, and I checked everytime to see if it worked and the fan works. I first unstalled the Catalyst which comes in the box (not sure which version) and then uninstalled it to put the newest one instead (which is what ATI wanted me to do), which is version 6.3, and I still have the same problem.

I really think it's a compatibility issue. Is it possible that because my motherboard is AGP 4X and the card AGP 8X that they might just not get along? I don't see how that could be a problem but you never know. Or is there any universal driver out there for a monitor so that the card "understands" it better?

I don't see the 4X vs 8X as being a problem. Is your monitor a CRT?

Yes, it's a Panasonic 20" screen, but not flat. It's always done a good job, and I didn't have any problems with it until I changed cards. I know my screen isn't broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back