Problems with Radeon Mobility 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
During play I am getting some crazy artifacts on screen. Some days this doesnt happen at all. Most days it happens constantly. I ave tried uninstallign and reinstalling drivers, changing operating systems, changing display modes. Nothing seems to stop this. below is a screenshot. could this just be a defective video card?

2003-06-17-011246-oasis.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

If it only happens sometimes, then the problem is most likely due to some kind of intermittant contact between devices in your laptop. Is it only games that have this problem, or does it happen on the windows desktop as well? You could try (if you are feeling brave and your laptop is not under warranty) opening up your laptop and reseating all connections and plugs that you see, starting with the memory chips. Also try moving/tapping/shaking your laptop when the problem occurs to see if the pattern disappears or changes. I notice that the pattern is regular, so that would suggest that something like a memory type issue. Experiment a bit then post your findings back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back