Problems with recurring appointments in Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've been dealing with a strange problem with recurring outlook appointments and can't find any information about it. I wondered if anyone could help.

It presents in 2 parts...

1. A recurring appointment was set up in Jan this year to run until the end of the year. Whenever you open a future occurrence of this appointment, regardless of the date, the start/end date shows the date the back in Jan when the app. started. These were all blank appointments for people to fill in as they get the details, but you have to manually adjust the dates or it tries to save the app. back to the first slot in Jan.

2. Some of these appointments are showing as Discussions rather than Appointments. The normal fields for start/end date/time aren't there. At the top it says "Post to: Microsoft Office Outlook Embedded Message" but I can't find out how to do it purposefully never mind change it back to an Appointment so that times can be adjusted.

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks - that might be the last resort but I forgot to mention that this is a shared calendar and everyone that has access experiences the same problem. So a local uninstall / reinstall wouldn't do much.

I'm just surprised that no-one else has had similar problems but I can't find anything about it on any of the usual sites.

Cheers

In that case the problem lies with the database you are all accessing. I'm a bit in the dark with this bit but there should be some database maintenance tools to reindex it which might clear the error.

chbab said:
1. A recurring appointment was set up in Jan this year to run until the end of the year. Whenever you open a future occurrence of this appointment, regardless of the date, the start/end date shows the date the back in Jan when the app. started. These were all blank appointments for people to fill in as they get the details, but you have to manually adjust the dates or it tries to save the app. back to the first slot in Jan.

2. Some of these appointments are showing as Discussions rather than Appointments. The normal fields for start/end date/time aren't there. At the top it says "Post to: Microsoft Office Outlook Embedded Message" but I can't find out how to do it purposefully never mind change it back to an Appointment so that times can be adjusted.

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I am having the exact same problem. This is the only other case i can find using google. Any updates or resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back