Problems with SB Audigy 2 ZS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need_a_Dell

I have a Gen 4 Dell XPS system with a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS audio card. I just reformatted my hard drive a few days ago, and I'm having a lot of trouble finding the audio drivers for my card. I currently have my audio running through my 5.1 home theater system using the Creative home theater cable. I went to the Creative site and download a driver for my card, and I have sound, but no bass. Before when I had this problem, I had to go into the audio console and change the bass cutoff frequency to get it to work properly. Unfortunately now the driver I have gives me no such option, and I have no idea how to find the one I had before. I currently don't even have an icon in my system try showing that an audio console is running, and this new one looks completely different from the one I had. (The one I had came pre-installed on the system.)
I've been to the Dell site and they have plenty of drivers for my system, but nothing related to audio. Does anyone have any ideas?

My system is:
Dell Gen 4 XPS
Windows XP MCE 2005
Intel Pentium 4 650 3.4ghz HT
3gb ram
GeForce 8600GT 512mb
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

The drivers on Creatives site wont work OEM sound cards like yours. You have to use the drivers from Dell. Did you use the restore disks? Some systems come with a seperate disk with drivers.

Check your Program folder

You need an Audigy 2 cd for the software.I just installed my Audigy 4
Then updated the drivers at the website.I have 5.1 speakers and lots of bass.
A subwoofer has a bass control.
What are your computer speakers ?
Other tools should be here,
Start menu/Programs/Creative
It should look like the attached.I had Audigy 2 and updated to 4.
Both are the same if you install the cd.
But usuing your home system is ok depending on their location
when listening.

the dell system did not come with a driver cd for the sound card, and there weren't any audio drivers on the OS installation cd. So, I did what anyone would do, I bought a new audio card!
I grabbed the SB X-Fi Extreme Audio card for about $55 cdn. Works beautifully, only downside is that it doesn't have a firewire port, and doesn't support the front headphone and microphone jacks.. ah well, would rather have decent audio! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back