Problems with screen. Lines, flickering, unreadable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNTInTraining

So i was playing BF2SF today and suddenly the screen got all green and glitchy. Restarted and my Bootup / BIOS has tons of vertical rows of flickering. Barely Readable. So i went into windos and cant even get into Normal Mode. So im in safe mode atm and the lines that were flickering are now a solid green and they showup EVERYWHERE! HELP PLEASE!

AMD Athlon 64 XP 3500+
ASUS A85NX MOBO
Corsair Value Select 2GB
WD HDD
Nvidia 7300GS

early summer of 06

Power Supply - Hiper Type-R 580W PSU SLi Certified
Slot - PCIe x16
CPU Speed - 2.2 GHz ( Stock ) 200x11
From the US of A
^Info i forgot^

What about temperatures? Does your card have a fan on it? Is it spinning correctly??

Try and run a program like speedfan to see the temps of the gpu. Your power supply is powerful. Also, make sure the card is seated properly, and has no objects touching it. The problem can also be that the card is starting to die as well. Let's not think that until we run out of ideas.

yea i installed speedfan and it says unable to use i/o. Maybe it cant read everything cuz im in safemode? dunno but gonna check card and stuff brb in 5

UPDATE : Card is sitting just fine, nothing touching and the fan is spinning, still cant get temp readings form that program though.
UPDATE AGAIN : its now reading, where do i find my gpu temp settings

Check is there's any GPU or ENV temp. If you can't find it, download Everest Home Edition. Sometimes, it's more accurate than Speedfan.

Maybe your card doesn't have a temp sensor. That's really bad, because you don't know how hot it is running :(

Remove the card, reset BIOS (by removing a coin-shaped battery for a few minutes) and try again...

nevermind got ur hopes up lol, messed up again when i started bf2, had to reset and refit the card. Time for a new card i guess :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back