Problems with search engine links

By malnut
Jan 15, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,
    It appears that I have been experiencing a common problem by the threads posted here. The problems that my computer was having were as follows: when first starting the computer a dialogue box would appear to claim that Win32.Zafi.B virus had infected my system and would I like to scan my computer, also when I searched for solutions on Google and tried to go to a desired website a new tab would open with an undesired website. To try and fix my problem I attempted to go to msconfig which would cause my system to turn off.

After a very long night of trying to find a quick fix I stumbled across this site and got some good advice. I have since followed the 8-step removal instructions, and I believe most of these problems have disappeared.

The question now begs, can I ever trust my computer again? I have used my computer for online bill pay, and for checking my bank statements, but now after reading your threads I feel hesitant to put my trust in my machine.

I have since changed most of my passwords on a more secure computer, and I never use the auto save feature for logins.

My computer was used when I bought it and did not include any of the driver or backup disks and therefore I don't believe a reformat and reinstallation would be my best course of action. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have also attached my logs:
  2. malnut

malnut Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

adobe.com.exe

I am not sure if this is helpful but as I recall the night before I began having said problems, my banking site suggested that I update my adobe reader and I clicked a link that took me to a site that looked like adobe.com. After downloading what I thought was an update a weird icon appeared in my start menu that listed a program called adobe.com.exe

After booting up the next day most of my problems with changing websites and closing of the internet explorer began.

I wasn't sure if anyone else was having problems with a similar threat, but it would be interesting to see.

Thanx for any input you may have.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.