TechSpot

Problems with searching memberlist

By sjps220
Feb 1, 2006
Post New Reply
  1. When I do a search in the memberlist, if I select a letter to sort by, it will give me the first page of names starting with that letter. If I click 2 to go to the next page, it takes me to the second page of the entire memberlist.

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out before. If it has, I'm sorry I couldn't find it.

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

I have tried solving this problem along with other one involving page navigation in subscribed threads (http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic40970.html), however I have had a hard time coming up with a feasible solution without breaking some of the hacks we have applied to vBulletin to better serve our purposes (better search indexing, friendlier URLs, promotion from external sources etc.).

I don't mean to neglect your request, as I have spent some time going through the issue myself, but for the time being I have placed this as secondary in my priority list. Perhaps if I can get some help from a developer friend, he will be able to resolve this better than I do :).

Thanks for your feedback.

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hi Julio.

For some reason the link in your post above is taking me to the front page.

I`ll see if I can link to the topic you`re refering to.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic40970.html

Just checked my link, and it`s working fine. Strange eh lol.

Regards Howard :)

4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

Should work now

5. DragonMaster

DragonMaster TS Rookie Posts: 327

IIRC I was already able to browse it by changing a parameter in the address for each pages but I don't remember how.

6. Fiziks

Fiziks Banned Posts: 226

me too

I am getting this problem too, everytime I try to recategorize the members and click page two, it brings me to page two of the whole list...

just letting you guys know