Problems with Sims deluxe

Hi I wonder if someone can please help me.
I bought the sims delux a few years ago installed it on my laptop and it worked fine. After a while I deleted it and recently I wanted to install it again (still on same laptop nothing has changed on it)
I could remember with the previous instalation that it asked you to put in the code in the box but this time all it does is install the wizard thing that should help you install the game. then it gives me the opening page of the sims and when I click play it doesnt want to work or even open. It doesnt go on with the instalation after the wizard and doesnt ask for the code.

I have cleaned up the pc I did defrag I erased all the files and tried to reinstall it it keeps doing it .
What can I do to make it install correctly its very frustrating

Thank
Karin

Did you actually uninstall the game before or did you simply "erase all the files"? Perhaps you can describe how you went about "deleting" the game.

You should have uninstalled it through Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Vista and W7). Did you?

Hey no I remember I couldnt find an uninstal button so I just deleted the maxis file from program files. After it reinstalled incorrectly this time I went to control panel and tried to uninstall it there but it only kept trying to reinstall it , it didnt want to uninstall like other programs do - I have vista

You don't uninstall applications by merely deleting program files. It won't uninstall normally because you deleted the files needed to do so. It probably won't reinstall because it thinks it's still installed since you did not delete the registry entries.

I suggest downloading a registry cleaner like CCleaner from TechSpot's downloads section here: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/132-ccleaner.html. It is free to use. Just be careful not to inadvertently click one of the advertising buttons instead of CCleaner. I mean you can if you want but that won't get you CCleaner. Once it is downloaded you install it and run it to clean the registry. Since you deleted the program files it should detect the game registry entries that no longer have program files associated with them. It will also clean out most of your other miscellaneous unneeded registry entries.

Although I've used this program myself many times and never had a problem, as a precaution I recommend backing up any important files just in case. If you want, you can uninstall CCleaner afterwards (through Programs and Features in the Control Panel).

After the registry is cleaned, try reinstalling the game. It should do so normally.

Back