Problems with sound since I connected VCR to PC

By jfustin
Jun 14, 2005
  1. Hi!

I have EPOX 9NDA3+ motherboard (nForce 3 Ultra, onboard Realtek ALC850 etc.). Everything worked fine until I connected my VCR to PC. Since then, every time I play any kind of sound (mp3, CD, games) I hear very annoying pops.

At first I thought this to be the infamous ground loop problem. I searched the net for an answer and found out that these pops should disappear when I remove my VCR from PC which I did but it didn't help. Perhaps there is another solution? I repeat, everything was working fine until I connected VCR to PC!

Someone told me to mute Line in, Aux and Phone Line but it didn't do any good. I checked the speakers and wires and they're working fine.

Does anyone know how to solve this one? I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!
  2. jfustin

jfustin TS Rookie Topic Starter

Problem solved!

I uninstalled sound drivers, restarted PC and installed drivers back. No idea what happened and why this procedure helped :)
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m glad you got the problem sorted. It`s always a good idea to uninstall, then reinstall the sound drivers when there`s a sound problem. This should always be the first step to take.

I`m sorry that no one got around to answering your post. I can assure you that this is not the norm around here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.