Problems with sound since I connected VCR to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I have EPOX 9NDA3+ motherboard (nForce 3 Ultra, onboard Realtek ALC850 etc.). Everything worked fine until I connected my VCR to PC. Since then, every time I play any kind of sound (mp3, CD, games) I hear very annoying pops.

At first I thought this to be the infamous ground loop problem. I searched the net for an answer and found out that these pops should disappear when I remove my VCR from PC which I did but it didn't help. Perhaps there is another solution? I repeat, everything was working fine until I connected VCR to PC!

Someone told me to mute Line in, Aux and Phone Line but it didn't do any good. I checked the speakers and wires and they're working fine.

Does anyone know how to solve this one? I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Problem solved!

I uninstalled sound drivers, restarted PC and installed drivers back. No idea what happened and why this procedure helped :)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m glad you got the problem sorted. It`s always a good idea to uninstall, then reinstall the sound drivers when there`s a sound problem. This should always be the first step to take.

I`m sorry that no one got around to answering your post. I can assure you that this is not the norm around here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back