TechSpot

Problems with Soyo Motherboard

By mental1216
Dec 2, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello there. I am fairly adept at building computer and have built several of them succusfully so I feel my skills are at least modest. Here is my problem. I put a new motherboard and processor into an existing system. I put in a Soyo P4I875P Dragon 2 version 1.0 (black) and a P4 3.4ghz processor. Now when I turned it on the computer beeped at me- long contionus beeps with short intervals inbetween. So I turned it off and back on and it booted in the bios. I configured the bios the way I wanted and continued to load windows. Then I got a windows error message that was only there for a split second before the computer would restart. So i want online and found out that I had to boot off the install disk to perform a system repair so I went to boot up, and my computer now turns on and it looks like everyhting is running but im getting no visual on the monitor. It was just working a little while ago and I have already tried everything on the companys website and everything in the manual so I hope someone here can help me. Thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.