Problems with the 8 steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday my computer was infected. I have the red circle with the white x in the xp toolbar. When I mouse over it it gives me the your computer is infected message. I have tried just about everything to get rid of it and decided that I need help. I started with the 8 steps but it wont ever let me open malwarebytes or hijackthis, also it wont even let me download superantispyware. Can anyone offer me some help?

I got superantispyware installed now but just like the other programs it wont let me open it.

Alright I was able to get all the needed programs working and ran them. Here are my log files. If someone would look them over for me it would be greatly apprieciated.

P1hillburg the Malwarebytes scan found many issues (thankfully you removed)
But because of the amount of entries found, can you please scan again, just with that one program (check for updates first, on 3rd tab across the top)

It will be interesting to know if more are found
This happens because Malware can be hidden by other malware, requiring multiple scans

Do that
Restart
Submit the log
Let us know how it's running

Here is the latest log from malwarebytes. The computer seems to be running fine now and the red circle with the white x is gone.

That's fantastic news :grinthumb
I also note that MBAM log more infections were removed

I noticed that you have Spybots S&D running.
This should have been removed as well (before scanning) as per the guide

Someone may come along to check your HJT log further
But presently it "seems to be running fine"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back