TechSpot

Problems with Video Performance after Reformat

By keepinghorizon
Sep 11, 2005
  1. My computer is fairly new (about 8 months now) and I have a decent system. Unfortunatly, the best video card I could get with the package I recieved is a GeForceFX 5700LE 256MB 8x video card, which I know is pretty low quality. I am running it with a 430 Watt Powersupply, AMD 64 3400+, 1024 MB Corsair HeatSpreading RAM, etc.

When I first got the computer. Everything ran great. Half Life 2, Rise of Nations, Farcry, World of Warcraft, any DVD, anything. It all ran very nice and very smooth.

However, when I reformatted my comptuer cause I got a lot of junk, I started to recieve very crappy video performance. Not only were all my games running horribly at lowest quality .. I can't even run a streaming video at 512 kb/s. It's choppy even with the newest video drivers installed and I've yet to recieve an answer from nVidia or Cyberpower about why this would happen. I was wondering if anyone else would know what happened or more importantly ... how I can fix this problem. I would love to have my computer back to the way it was when I bought it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.