Problems with Vista ,Is it just me???

By Drdave
Apr 23, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently purchased a new Toshiba A135-S2246 laptop with Vista home installed. For some unknown reason my computer has locked up a number of times or it will turn off and reboot in a safe mode type screen, asking if I want to start up in normal mode. When I hit enter for normal mode it loads up with all my desktop settings and background picture missing.Each time I shut it down and restart, it comes up with a blank blue desktop with only a few icons and a message bubble saying I was logged into a temporary desktop ,and said to contact my administrator for a fix. Would that be Bill Gates? :evil: So far the only way I can get my desktop back to normal is do a system restore. How can I fix this? How can I prevent this.Any help,or any thoughts would be appreciated.
  2. halo71

halo71 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,289

IF you just bought it, I would tak it back immediately! My guess is this is not Vista related but rather hardware related. I still say TS needs a forum dedicated to Toshiba laptop's.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.