Problems With Windows Xp Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

javas1965

If anyone can help me to solve the following problem:

When I turn my computer on it comes up the main screen, usually main screen it should show "main computer icons, initial menu bar, and so on.
In my case it does not show nothing, no icon, no menu bar, no clock, no task bar, nothing at all... just a dark blue empty screen. But everything is on my hard drive, so it works perfect and all my data is there, If I need to work I have press ctrl+Alt+Del to go thru task manager and type the correct path and then the program I choose start perfectly.

My question is: how can recover all this Desktop Icon + Start Menu Bar + Clock, etc... so them can be show again on my desktop??

I hope I explain myself good.

Regards

Try this first and we will go from there

Install your installtion CD and do a manual repair using CHKDSK /R

in what directory can I find sfc/scannow files? Because I need to find the path from task manager. Thank you

sfc is a command (System File Checker), /scannow its parameter. It should be in the Windows path by default so it shouldn't be needed to find.

You can run it directly from Task Manager, I think. If not, run cmd to open command prompt and type sfc /scannow there.

I did not use installtion CD but I did a manual repair using CHKDSK /R, but it doesn't work, still evrything is bright dark blue. I have been reading a bit and I think everything is related to some kind of user corrupted account (probably my hp_administrateur user); I think....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back