Problems With Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
I just got a new laptop for x mas, Advent 8111. i bought it in the UK and used wireless connections there all fine and dandy but when i returned home to Finland my wireless suddenly wont connect.
I have turned my wireless on, it detects the router with full signal, i put the password in and then nothing, it says its trying to connect and then suddenly stops trying, it wont connect automatically as it says and blaa blaa. im confuesed, Any1 got some experience with this :)

heh, who hasn't had a bad experience setting up a wlan :)

Make sure you have actually set up encryption on the router. The wireless password is not the same as the password used to access the router settings (sorry, i do have cover the basics :) ) WPA is the best encryption protocol, unless your router and laptop support WPA2, which is even better.

Also make sure that your computer is trying to connect to YOUR router and not your neighbor's.

Hope this helps

More obvious things.. Update the router firmware, update the wireless drivers. If you are using Windows builtin wireless capability, try the program that came with your computer/adapter and vice vera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back