Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,

I would like to firstly appologise for my lack of computer knowledge. I am sure I have made a simple error at some point.

Essentially I have a virus on my computer. I got it by clicking a link on msn. I had and have AVG. I scanned several times. It would pick up the virus but it would reinstall itself somehow and would send itself on to whoever I was talking to on myspace, facebook or msn.

I have figured out where this virus is(username\appdata\microsoft\windows) and what it is called (Agent2) . I tried to delete these files (there are 7) and I can only delete 3 of them. The other 4 cant be deleted and so I have tried your 8 steps to help.

The first issue is that I cannot disable AVG (I have 8.5). The instructions given did not seem to match what was happening. The second issue is that the antimalware software simply does not work. After 3 or 4 seconds of searching it just disappears. Also my wireless mouse no longer works.

All in all I am incredably frustrated as I rely on my laptop for my living and it has basically ruined my last three days.

If anybody can help I would very much appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back