Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i turn on my wifes pc no green lite on monitor, no video, no power to the cd roms no beeps and it wont restart with the button or turn off with the button im thinkin poer supply any help out there?

help pleeeeeeeeeeese

I don't know if you build your on pc, but it is also a possibility that the wires of the power-on button are not good connected to the mobo. You can check it by opening your case and follow the wire of the power-button to your mobo and check if the wires are connected on the right place. (The wires have like green-white / orange-white colors)

Is the PC power plugged into a UPS? If so have you tryed to plug it directly into the walls power socket?

The first thing to do is to make sure you have power at the wall outlet. Some power supplies have a switch on the back, check that. It could be the power switch from the case front, but unless you are comfortable with the internal wireing I would leave that up to somebody else. The most logical explanation is the power supply itself. Ask yourself, Did this just happen? or did it give some warning, such as rebooting or strange smells. The best way to test a power supply is with a power supply tester. There is the old paper clip trick, but I personally frown on that approach. Power supply testers are not very much and much safer. If you have to replace the power supply make sure you get the correct form factor and at least as powerfull if not more than the one you are replacing. Remember you are dealing with electricity, so educate yourself and take the proper precautions.

still dead

thanks im gonna pull out the cpu and put it in another working system to make sure its good also when i left power hooked to the cd rom and unpluged it from the board it powered up and opened strange huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back