probs with icy box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there...

I have a problem. I am not sure if anyone out there can help me, but i am having trouble with my 'icy box' IB-351U. i had quite a heavy crash with my former pc, i bought a new pc case, with new harddrive, used same cd/dvd drives of course, and all other soft and hardware. So, basically i have a new pc now. My problem: i bought myself an icy box, and to which i connected my former hard drive... (meaning C:\ from my old computer)... Now ok, ik can use it as an external hard drive, but that was not my intention, i wanted to recover my data from my former HD that was saved under my account, like all the desktop files, 'my documents'... all that kinda stuff.. the files i used to need my former password for. This might sound like a bunch of nonsens, and if u don't understand what my problem is, let me know, and i'll try give a better explanation.. my english is not perfect :-/ so sorry for that.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope someone there can help me.. i've been trying to sort it out myself for weeks now, have tried everything possible.. PLEASE HELP ME

Thank u for the time to read my mail...

The simplest way to accomplish this would be to remove the original HDD from it's enclosure and hook it up as the master on IDE1 at the end of the ribbon cable and make sure it still boots. If that goes well then hook up the new HDD as a slave and use the HDD's manuf. utility (the new one) to clone the old drive to the new drive.
Then shut down, hook up the new HDD as master on IDE1 and return the old HDD to the external enclosure.
Your new HDD will now be an exact copy of the old drive with all your programs settings etc. intact.
You can then format the external and use it for storage...

ok patio, thx for the quick reply, i will give it my best shot... i'm not really advanced in this pc knowledge, but i think i have an idea of what ur saying. Thx alot

Greetz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back