Processor displays wrong info after OS loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I purchased Scorpion motherboard (Intel 815T chipset) with Pentium III 1.3 Ghz. While startup, it system reads as Pentium III 1.3 Ghz but after Windows (I have loaded windows XP) gets loaded, and when I see information in My Computer Properties, It shows INTEL CELERON 735 Mhz.
What could be the problem? Is it board or processor or have I been cheated? Can this be fixed somehow?
Thanks for your kind help.

Regards,
Ben

i had the exact same problem m8, i have a AMD sempron and while it was loading up it said it was a 2.6 (in the bios bit) an when the os loaded it said it was a 1.8. But my problem was that although it said 2600+ the processor was actually a 1.8. i dont know if this is the same issue with yours but make sure its a 1.3. If your sure it is all i could think to do is either overclock it to a 1.3 or u could try getting updates for your motherboard or even processor

hope i could help :eek:

It said your 2600+ was a "1.8" in the bios and in Windows because the 2600+ operates at ~1.8Ghz. This is normal. There isn't anything wrong with that display.

As for the P3 1.3 showing up as a celeron 735, that's strange. Even if the FSB was wrong (66 or 100 vs 133), that still doesn't match up to a 1.3ghz P3. Did you have a celeron in this machine before?

Strange behaviour

Hi folks,
Yeah its strange for a Pentium Processor showing Celeron with low FSB. I purchased Pentium III 1.3 Ghz and it shows Celeron 7.5 Mhz. I checked up with the vendor and even he is confused. He too is investigating. Its a Scorpion Motherboard.
Anybody too can investigate to fix this problem. Thanks a lot in advance.

Scorpion Motherboard

when will people learn

no offense, but i'd expect such behavior from said product. i often fix people's systems that break or don't work for no reason and they generally feature faulty parts made by: MSI, chaintech, epox, abit, asus, amptron, topstar,tyan, and enermax. i replace with name brand parts, such as intel, gigabyte for amd platforms.

sorry if i appear to be blunt, but these things happen, and the consumer should be aware of what they're buying.

Yeah, well so ya know I purchased two motherboards from gigabyte that were complete crap. Everyone has a bad product now and then.

well, i know a guy who bought a brand new k-7 (this was in the 90's) and paid top dollar for it. long story short: we encountered spectacular shortcomings by the tyan corp, amd, amd's business ethics, and asian/designed made products.

zephead said:
when will people learn

no offense, but i'd expect such behavior from said product. i often fix people's systems that break or don't work for no reason and they generally feature faulty parts made by: MSI, chaintech, epox, abit, asus, amptron, topstar,tyan, and enermax. i replace with name brand parts, such as intel, gigabyte for amd platforms.

sorry if i appear to be blunt, but these things happen, and the consumer should be aware of what they're buying.

When will people "learn" ?

Excuse me?

MSI? ABIT? ASUS? TYAN? Enermax.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Asus and ABit have been, by far, the biggest and best namebrands when it comes to performance in the motherboard world for a long time. Their boards are neither "cheap" nor poorly made nor "generic" nor "non-namebrand" nor deficient. An ASUS board stomps an Intel board any day of the week.

Next to Intel, Tyan makes the best entry level server boards out there.

Enermax is one of the best and most respect power supply manufacturers in the IT market. An enermax product is quality.

Duds happen from time to time, as they always do. But it is stupid and borderline offensive to label all those major brand names as having "faulty parts".

I built over 2,500 computers in 2004 in my field as a service tech. Of all that failed, Intel had the most out-of-box bad parts than all the others.

calm down here

people people calm down here lol i started this thread to check if my processor was undercloked not to start a fu*king argument about whats a better motherboard lol everyone has different opinions just leave it atthat ppl :unch:
and have a nice day :p

you can try using sandra software to check system bench marks
it may even give you correct processor info
check your bencmarks against some archives on the web
you may be worried bout nothing
PS
I like Fords

soul harvester-

Duds happen from time to time, as they always do. But it is stupid and borderline offensive to label all those major brand names as having "faulty parts".

you misunderstand me, i mereley said that on average the said brand parts have had more problems. i never said that all thier parts were bad, and never said that all parts made by intel were good either.

You also mention "brand" parts. Those manufacturers you say aren't "brand" just happen to be some of the biggest brands with the best quality around.

well, i don't mean any offense by saying it or to start an argument.

this whole intel vs. amd and intel vs. foreign issues are way deeper than i care to get into here/now. let us simply agree to disagree and end it.

fair dos

yea fair enuf m8 an it is a big issues but lets all keep our opinions 2 ourself lol i also noticed someone asked a question on this thread an a dont think its been answered yet :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back