Processor switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two dell laptops . They are both inspions, one is an 1150 the other is a 2200. The 2200 has a pentium processor and the 1150 has a celeron.
what i am trying to do is swap processor but the pins are different. the pentium has one extra pin in the corner that will not allow it to seat in the mobo of the 1150.
My question is... Is that pin absolutely necessary or is it just a locater pin?
I'm sorry I dont have a scanner or camera to give i visual of witch pin I am talking about ,but I am hoping that someone will allready know.

now this is for all the people who want to ask me "why" instead of just answering my question. i want switch processors because the 2200 has numerous other problems and it will be simpler to just swap processors, Well, so I thought.
I am also aware of the 1150's tendancy to overheat. I am running i 8k fangui witch helps tremendously. So this is a risk I am willing to take.
Thanks in advance
well i found some pics but for some reason it says i must have 5 posts to put an image in my post. since i dont have 4 more problems we get no images of these processors.........
this is a pretty rediculous requirement "In my opninon"

If the processor doesn't fit, you can't swap it. You can't cut the extra pin off. You will trash the CPU. These are "moble" versions of the PC processors

thnx magic thats pretty much what I thought.... maybe if i hit it hard enuff with a hammer it will fit..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back