Processor Temperature goes abnormaly high

By nahid2k5
Jan 22, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My motherboard is Intel 915GAV. where there are only one IDE channel.
    Bus: 800MHz
    Hard Disk: Samsung 80GB, 72000 RPM
    Processor: P4, 3GHz
    RAM: 256MB

From few days, when I run some system utilities (like Norton Anitivirus) or even when I debug while programmiong in VB6, the Fan speed goes up and up and start making sound. Then I see in Intel Desktop Utilities, it say "Processor Zone Temperature exceeds normal range."

Can it be the effect of any virus or someting else.
    please anyone tell how to solve this problem. If you need any more information please tell me.
    I will be waiting for your response. Thanks in advance.
  2. PhilC2005

PhilC2005 Newcomer, in training Posts: 53

Have you got anything to check the actual temperature of the CPU? It could be that the heatsink is not in proper contact with CPU, checking the temperature whilst idle would prove this.
  3. LipsOfVenom

LipsOfVenom Newcomer, in training Posts: 256

try downloading this prorgam. http://www.stvsoft.com/
    it's sensorview 1.2 and see the temperatures that you're actually getting. If they aren't that high (for your processor i think 70 degrees celcius is high while 80+ is excessive....oh and that's during load too) then you possibly have a little virus
  4. nahid2k5

nahid2k5 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank you boss, Though my heat sink is attached with processor welly, but it was fully covered with dust. that is the reason. Since you tell about the heat sink, I could make it clear it.

Thanks again.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.