Processors Which one is better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo.ati

I have $1000au to spend on a new processor my 2 options are as follows.

Amd athlon 64 4400+ dual core (939)
Amd athlon 64 4000+ (939)

This is strictly for gamming only i already have a $300au motherboard lined up i just need help deciding on a processor.

For gaming the 4000+ would be better as it has a clockspeed of 2.4Ghz (the 4400+ runs at 2.2Ghz). Games are still single-threaded & will not be able to make use of the 2nd core on the 4400+.

That said, if you like to game while having MP3s compressed in the background or DVDShrink running, the 4400+ is the better choice.

Don't you like it when there isn't one clear answer ? :p

well if the price range is $300au i would like to know what one is the better choice as i can save for a better graphics card.

so basically i wont be able to use the extra core untill dual core compatible games come out?

but if i were to be playing games,browsing internet,and alot of other stuff the dual core will be better? so the dual core can do alot more things at the same time and be under less stress but if i were to be playing games i wont get the extra core to any use.

kimbo.ati said:
but if i were to be playing games,browsing internet,and alot of other stuff the dual core will be better?
You can't surf the Internet while you play. :p

But if you mean playing games while having applications like MSN, mIRC, Winamp open in the background, you can do that right now with any CPU. I do it all the time & I have loads of applications open at the same time. As long as these applications don't eat up half or all our ram, you're good to go.

What I meant is if you like to run heavy applications like running 3dsmax, DivX encoders or a bunch of plug-ins in Photoshop & you still want to be able to play games in comfortable manner while those are running in the background, then you should get the 4400+. Otherwise stick with the 4000+.

Well

Well even thought the 4400 has the ability to be able to allow even sigle thread games to play better as you can set all sound to be prossesed on one CPU and the your Application to be used one the other...

I have seen the bench marks for the two and out of the two I would have to say the 4000 would be far better over-all for gaming. As yes the 4400 will do a few things better in gaming, it realy lags compaired to the 4000 in alot of things.

The 4000 was Build for power/gaming the 4400 was built for multi-tasking go with the 4000 or save up alittle more and get and FX55 of FX57.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back