Program for diagnosing cpu problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissanman

Hello, i have what i think is a faulty p3 600 but i want to test it just to be sure. Does anyone know of a cpu testing program that can determine if the cpu is faulty or not? Ive already tried hot cpu tester pro but that didnt seem to do much.

Thanks, Nissanman.

What are the specs of your system, and what kind of problems are you having that make you think the CPU is faulty?

The System Specs are as follows:
Intel Pentium III 600EB Mhz
8MB SiS 6326 AGP Video Card
10GB Seagate HDD
192MB RAM
Windows 98 Second Edition

I cant seem to use the internet because IE6 and Mozilla Firefox keep crashing. And the computer keeps freezing randomly. With my old celeron the system works fine.

I dont think it is a heat issue because the temp seems fine.

It could be your RAM or the motherboard itself. The Celeron runs at 66MHz FSB while the P3 uses a 100MHz FSB.

My motherboard does support my p3 and its fsb which is 133Mhz not 100Mhz. And it does the same thing when i put my ram from my broken motherboard in.
I want to test my cpu for problems so i need to know if there are any other good cpu diagnostic programs around apart from hot cpu tester.

Hi,

Try "speedfan" while not a dedicated cpu diagnostic tool it is multi-functional and you might even get what you want.

Regards, Ellgor.

irregular crashes can be caused by a variety of things.
check your PSU with a tester and multi-meter
check your ram with MEMTEST 86+ for at least 7 passes
check all your drivers.

A thorough CPU "testing" program cannot exist. You would be running the program on the CPU itself and by definition, if the CPU is faulty, the program can not possibly run correctly, can it?

It is very rare for CPUs to go bad. IMHO, it is your (fairly crappy no-name?) motherboard or your RAM failing to do 2x the FSB.

Hi,

Pentium themselves can do a diagnostic test for you, goto their site and follow the guide.

Regards, Ellgor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back