TechSpot

Program for managing music, deleting duplicate entries, sorting?

By korrupt
Sep 27, 2006
  1. Hey, I just got 130gbs of music (all legal in case you're wondering) half of it is in artist>album>song format, whilst the other half is unsorted. I also probably have around 20gigs of duplicates which must be deleted from the unsorted entries. What I was wondering, is if there is a program which will do all this for me? It doesnt necesarily have to be free because it will take me about 200hours to sort through it manually in which time i can make a %$#@load of money:p

I have enough storage space to copy the entire lot again, so what I though might work is this: Search for all the files in these folder using a program which hopefully you will suggest to me, set the "sorted" music as read-only or something similar, and then save it...

this program doesnt need to be "uber-efficient" if it gets through 70% of it, I'll be helped out a lot:)

Regards,

korrupt

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,197   +420

foobar2000 - not gonna say it again ;)

3. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

I think opus 8 does that very well

foobar2000 eha
    gotta try that one

too many programs not nuff time

4. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 716

Thanks for your replies,

papa, would you be able to explain to me the best method of doing this using foobar2000?

I am also interested in opus 8 though, so if anyone can provide some additoinal info, cheers:)

Regards,

korrupt

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,429   +27

WinAmp does that pretty well too.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.