Program for turning off led fan lights for UD

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_need_answers

Hey,
I was thinking about leaving my computer on more so my CPU cycles could be optimised but the only problem is the LED fan lights would be on all the time. Is there a way to cut off the LEDs on the fans other than a switch. I know when I put my computer into Hibernation the LEDS go off. Is there any way to simulate this.
Thanks,
ps. sorry this is probally in the wrong section but I figured if anyone has had this problem before me it would be you guys.

LED Fan lights are hardwired to be on all the time. They are usually wired in series to the fan motor so if you cut the light off, the fan will also go out. The only work around is to rewire them in parallel with a cheap switch mounted on the case. This is kind of a home project and should be easy to do. Basically split the DC power cable positive side into two. One end will also be hot and run to the fan, the other will connect to a switch and from the switch to the lights. Your negatives from your fan and lights should connect to a common negative. This of course is assuming your fans and lights are DC power (which most are).

Bear in mind, your voltage will drop off when wired in parallel, so your fan will run slower.

Bear in mind, your voltage will drop off when wired in parallel, so your fan will run slower.

Wrong way, no?

Same voltage, less current avail. in parallel.

I don't think that LEDs are in series with the motor, it wouldn't run that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back