Program that can edit/manage the right click menu options

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunkFace

I'm a first time poster and I'm not sure if this forum, or the Misc. Software & Utilities forum is the right place to post this thread.

Does anyone know of a good program that can edit/manage the stuff that shows in the right click menu?

I've recently installed a program (Properties Plus that attached an option to the right click menu of every file in my computer. It always appears at the bottom of the right click menu. I want to move it up one notch upwards as it takes the place of the properties option (the default option in the bottom of the right click menu), which I am used to. I also want to manage the other stuff in the right click menu.

My OS is Windows XP.

Is the TweakUI the powertoy I need to download? I already have it and I can't seem to find the option that I need.

Not regedit.

Regedit I can modify.
After I post question here I look for more info from google. I found program name "HACE Mmm" (This program is good too).

Thank for your help. (I got it already)

BunkFace said:
Is the TweakUI the powertoy I need to download? I already have it and I can't seem to find the option that I need.
Yes tweakui should ability to add and remove (edit) right click menus.
I'm checking out the Mmmm too.
G'Luck
Well Mmm only edits the parent level right click menus and tweakui will only
edit the "new documents" under new. can be found "Mycomputer/templates.
I once had away to to add a right click command that gave us send to options, I'll see if I can find it.
Otherwise your needing a good tweak guide and regedit as suggested above by
Nodsu.

Heres a good one

Some things I don't like about Hace Mmm: it adds its logo to the left side of the right click context menu (and there seems to be now way to remove it), it's not very big though, but might be considered annoying by some.

Also, there seems to be no way to rearrange the order of the items in context menu.

The hiding of menus works fine though. (this one of the features I really need, aside from the 'rearrange menu items' function.)

I'm still trying the 'rarely used' option to see if it's any good.

BunkFace said:
Some things I don't like about Hace Mmm: it adds its logo to the left side of the right click context menu (and there seems to be now way to remove it), it's not very big though, but might be considered annoying by some.

Also, there seems to be no way to rearrange the order of the items in context menu.

The hiding of menus works fine though. (this one of the features I really need, aside from the 'rearrange menu items' function.)

I'm still trying the 'rarely used' option to see if it's any good.

If you don't like mmm you can try "rightclick public".
I found rightclick public today

SOcRatEs said:
Good link! :grinthumb

Note that context menu items can also be removed by deleting the appropriate keys from
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers (for files)
and
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers (for folders)
in the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back