Programme tries to put file into registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

little evil

I'm Very Very new to computers. I have a windows 2000 nt. When i start it up it tell me that there is a program that is trying to put a file in the registry that doesn't belong there. I can only use the computer on safe mode.
Thanks,
little evil

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you scanned your system for viruses/spyware etc?

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

P.s Please use proper thread titles. Thanks.

regisitry

Ok, Howard, I'll give your directions a try. Sorry, I posted wrong. I wasn't sure where to post it.

Thanks,
Little evil

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programme in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

BroadJump\Client Foundation

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

CFD.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINNT\system32\Userinit.exe

O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

Fix all 016_DPF entries.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files(if there).

C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on. Run Spybot search and destroy.

Next time, post your HJT log as a .txt attachment as instructed.

Regards Howard :)

Good morning, Howard,
Are the only things I need to remove listed in your post? Because I very wary of messing with the registry. I have no idea what I'm doing. Exactly how do I post HJT the way you want it? Also, thank you for helping me.

Kim
AKA, Little evil

Hi, Howard,
When I try to use my explorer it shows an internet connection wizard that can't decect the modem. This computer has no interal modem. My computer guy had to take it out. I have a seiman's modem.

kammie

I`m not sure what`s going on there.

Maybe post a new thread in our storage and networking forum.

All I can say is according to your HJT log, you don`t have a virus/spyware problem.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back