Programming Forum?

lokem

Hi all,

I was wondering if it's possible to create a "Programming Forum". No doubt that this is a hardware centric site and forum, I'm sure there are those who are interested in the "other" side of computing.

What do you guys think?

I'm into programming myself but I'm not sure there's such a crowd around here.

I do a lot of Delphi & whenever I need tips or I find something, I usually go to DelphiPages

It would be a good idea to have a programming forum but if it's only for two peope to come visit & post ... ;)

Personally, I'd like to see a programming forum. I am a newbie when it comes to programming so I only know a little Java, but I would like to know lots more. I'm really interested in C++ and assemble coding so I would like to see some talk about that.

I'm sure there'll be increasing interest as the forum grows. ;) Any other comments on this?

I usually read the forums to get away from programming which is my work...

As the 3dspotlight main page says "Your definitive PC Hardware/Gaming resource"
I can't really say that Programming falls under that but if there is a demand for one then so be it... ;)

The "Portable Computing Laptops and PDAs, and all those nasty little gadgets." forum isn't exactly setting the pages ablaze. :hotouch:

I'm all for programming but I have to admit, it doesn't seem like it fits under the scope of this site. Nowhere on Techspot will you find programming suite reviews, sample code and programming tutorials. It's majorly hardware, with a splash of software consisting mostly of tweaking utilities.

I can't say I wouldn't like to see one, but I just don't think it fits in the integral puzzle that is TS.

I think there is a good chance of putting up a Programming board here, after all, while that isn't covered on the site itself, we do have programmers and IT engineers reading the site, plus... it's PC related.

If there are a few more members interested, I will sure give it a go. So, anyone else?

Yes! This thread is finally getting some response ;) Any other takers for this?

I code mostly in Java, but do tend to do some PHP (when there's time) and would really like to do Qt as well :)

You program in VB? good, I program in (ASP,PHP,JSP,CFM,PERL/CGI) - (JAVA,C/C++,J++,VB,VB++,VBSCRIPT,JAVASCRIPT) - (XML,XSL) Aanda lot of more :)

Ok, so since this thread is quite old, I don't see any forum which applies to this topic.
Has anything happened with it?
I'm a little rusty at basic programming since it's been 20+ years, just wondered what program would be recommended, etc.

Back