Programs close when I press @ in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I press AltGr and another key in a text box in Firefox, all programs shut down. When I restart Firefox it doesn't do it again. It's done this since I ran a program called XtraTools to clean junk from my registry. Also, when I start XP, it wants a password, but then it shuts down anyway (sometimes 3-4 times) before starting up normally. Can anyone help me with this one?

well, if it started happening when you dl'd "XtraTools" uninstall it!! and in order to clean "junk" from your registry, I would recommend CCleaner, which is one of the best cleaning programs imho

AltGr

I have a Danish keyboard - not sure that English keyboards have an AltGr key. (Also, how do you delete messages on this forum??)

Thanks

I uninstalled XtraTools (didn't realise it was running in the background), and problem fixed! I don't think it was Firefox's fault.

I always use CCleaner, but for some reason decided to try XtraTools. Not a good idea.

Thanks a lot for your help.

By the way only moderators can delete posts, however you can edit your own posts :) If you mean private messages, look just under your message box, a little scroll down menu with selected messages on it? Deletes in there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back