Programs keep closing

Someone111

I have a computer with a 4g ram that's supposed to run all the games I have smoothly and it does. The problem is that they keep crashing. They don't lag or anything just crash suddenly.
If a game is loading and I click the mouse it immediately closes and the same happens for other programs and games.
The weird thing is I used to play it on a pc with 1.5g ram and none of this used to happen. I feel like this pc can barley run one process at a time. If an update pops up in the tray the game would close.

Note: I'm using a 32 bit system so I know that it can't use the whole 4g ram but as I mentioned this didn't happen on another pc with lower ram. Besides I can't upgrade to 64 bit anyway so I didn't see the need to buy more ram.

Go to theEvent Viewer, open the Applications log and find the Errors; The detail records will give insight as to WHY they are aborting.

Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Event Viewer The "Event Viewer" opens up, and has 4 basic categories you'll want to check: Application, Security, Setup, & System.

When you click on an 'event' the viewer will give up a basic explanation of what happened to generate the notice.

The above file path is for Windows 7, although XP or Vista will be similar. I haven';t tried Win 8 or 10 yet.

If you are indeed running Windows 7, and continue to have issues involving errors, once you get the event viewer up and running, right click on its taskbar icon and select, "pin this program to taskbar". At least until you get your issues sorted out.

Last edited:
Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Event Viewer The "Event Viewer" opens up, and has 4 basic categories you'll want to check: Application, Security, Setup, & System.

When you click on an 'event' the viewer will give up a basic explanation of what happened to generate the notice.

The above file path is for Windows 7, although XP or Vista will be similar. I haven';t tried Win 8 or 10 yet.

If you are indeed running Windows 7, and continue to have issues involving errors, once you get the event viewer up and running, right click on its taskbar icon and select, "pin this program to taskbar". At least until you get your issues sorted out.

I'm not sure I know how to use it but I saw a report for application errors and this one is for the sims 4

Faulting application name: TS4.exe, version: 1.10.57.1020, time stamp: 0x55b7fbce
Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 8.15.11.8593, time stamp: 0x4a5bdaec
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00393b9b
Faulting process id: 0xcb4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d12468a30b47b6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll
Report Id: 61ef0c0b-905e-11e5-a77d-001a92596215

I don't have any idea what does that mean

Nor does anyone else except for M$' programmers.

Although, if the time stamp is at the time of the unexpected shutdown, I'd try uninstalling "TS4.exe. (Whatever the heck that is) :confused:

All of the numerical entries are in "hexadecimal" notation. You can google some of the terms as well.

Last edited:
Nor does anyone else except for M$' programmers.

Although, if the time stamp is at the time of the unexpected shutdown, I'd try uninstalling "TS4.exe. (Whatever the heck that is) :confused:

All of the numerical entries are in "hexadecimal" notation. You can google some of the terms as well.

Ts4 is a game but uninstalling it wouldn't help because this happens with everything else. The problem is not in certain programs.

OK, maybe it's a hardware fault. (Bad PSU, loose power plug anywhere, faulty mobo).

It could be overheating.

It could be infected.

It could be a bad keyboard. (I know that sounds fer fetched, but I had a PS-2 keyboard attached to a rig the other day, and I kept accidentally hitting some key combination which shut down the computer. The trouble is, it really didn't seem to be the key combo which is supposed to shut down the computer).

It might also be a bad stick of RAM.

Last edited:
OK, maybe it's a hardware fault. (Bad PSU, loose power plug anywhere, faulty mobo).

It could be overheating.

It could be infected.

It could be a bad keyboard. (I know that sounds fer fetched, but I had a PS-2 keyboard attached to a rig the other day, and I kept accidentally hitting some key combination which shut down the computer. The trouble is, it really didn't seem to be the key combo which is supposed to shut down the computer).

It might also be a bad stick of RAM.

Well it could be the ram since the pc is used and I have no idea what's inside of it. I'll try replacing it.

Well it could be the ram since the pc is used and I have no idea what's inside of it. I'll try replacing it.
You can use the Windows disc (Win 7) to run a RAM check from the repair console. Just boot from the disc and choose "repair". You can also download "MemTest86" (I think that's what it's called), burn it to CD, and boot from that. That should be in our "Downloads" section.

I've also, (I think), recall a bad video driver doing some goofy stuff like that. Not sure though.

It wouldn't hurt to scan the box for malware either, '[jus sayin'.

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
this is the game that was running
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll
and this is the DLL that caused the failure.

The average fixes mentioned:
  • Reinstall Driver
  • Update Driver
  • Reinstall Game

You can use the Windows disc (Win 7) to run a RAM check from the repair console. Just boot from the disc and choose "repair". You can also download "MemTest86" (I think that's what it's called), burn it to CD, and boot from that. That should be in our "Downloads" section.

I've also, (I think), recall a bad video driver doing some goofy stuff like that. Not sure though.

It wouldn't hurt to scan the box for malware either, '[jus sayin'.
I did viruses scan. I updated the video driver before and I felt like it did fix the problem for a while but then everything was like before. I'm not sure though.

this is the game that was running and this is the DLL that caused the failure.

• Reinstall Driver
  • Update Driver
  • Reinstall Game

Thanks, I'll pay attention to this in the errors. reinstalling the game didn't work so it might be the driver

Thanks, I'll pay attention to this in the errors. reinstalling the game didn't work so it might be the driver

Some people on the Internet say that it's due to updating the driver without deleting the old version. could this be it? I saw a post on how to do it but it said you need to roll back to the first version and then uninstall it. can't I do that without the rolling back thing?

The DRIVER is your ATI - - doubt you want to try uninstall+delete

The DRIVER is your ATI - - doubt you want to try uninstall+delete
XP without an installed video driver reverts to 800 X 600 resolution. You can't get more than that without an aftermarket driver. Safe mode is also 800 x 600.

Win 7 however, detects actual screen resolution, and installs a M$ generic driver to match. I'm guessing if you yank the M$ driver, you'd have the 800 x 600. BUT, I can't say for sure.

You really aren't supposed to install an ATI or nVidia driver over its predecessor, (or the opposite brand's), and AFAIK, if you do, you may have problems.

Would you like to kick this thread over to video, and maybe get this first issue cleared up before doing anything else?

I'm an IGP person usually, and the last nVidia driver I installed was #162.xxx. With that in mind, I'm making a disclaimer as being, "not a reliable source of gaming graphics info". :D

XP without an installed video driver reverts to 800 X 600 resolution. You can't get more than that without an aftermarket driver. Safe mode is also 800 x 600.

Win 7 however, detects actual screen resolution, and installs a M$ generic driver to match. I'm guessing if you yank the M$ driver, you'd have the 800 x 600. BUT, I can't say for sure.

You really aren't supposed to install an ATI or nVidia driver over its predecessor, (or the opposite brand's), and AFAIK, if you do, you may have problems.

Would you like to kick this thread over to video, and maybe get this first issue cleared up before doing anything else?

I'm an IGP person usually, and the last nVidia driver I installed was #162.xxx. With that in mind, I'm making a disclaimer as being, "not a reliable source of gaming graphics info". :D

Well, it's fine. I reinstalled it after uninstalling it and cleared the registry. Now I just need to try my games and see if this worked.

It's still not working! what's really bothering me is that I didn't face those troubles in an older computer with less ram and everything.

this is the game that was running and this is the DLL that caused the failure.

• Reinstall Driver
  • Update Driver
  • Reinstall Game

Faulting application name: TS4.exe, version: 1.10.57.1020, time stamp: 0x55b7fbce
Faulting module name: TS4.exe, version: 1.10.57.1020, time stamp: 0x55b7fbce
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0006e0f2
Faulting process id: 0x9bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d131ab44d8b9de
Faulting application path: D:\Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe

now it showed a new message that just shows the game's name
Can you help me with this?

That means the game itself is failing. Can you download a fresh copy?

That means the game itself is failing. Can you download a fresh copy?

Yes, I reinstalled it many times. The other applications do that too. Could this be because of something else? or is it definite that the game is the cause?

Hello everyone,
I checked my ram statics in the task manager and it seemed pretty normal. However, once the game has stopped I checked it again and the numbers were... wrong

NsijSuB.png

the first one is when the game closed.

The available memory is less than it should be. Does this mean that there's something wrong with the ram? if that's the problem I can just buy a new one right? I just want to make sure before I get rid of it.

When I turn it on my computer says: Intel cpu ucode loading error. Press f1 to continue.
I sent it to someone to fix it but he said this is not a problem so I didn't mention this but now I'm considering everything. Could this be the problem?

Back