TechSpot

Programs locking up when opening any image, big, small, animated

By lostgirl
Aug 1, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a 2.8 ghz....1.5 gig of ram, running xp sp2.
    I photoshop using cs2 or cs3, imageready, and animationshop, Not one of my programs will open any image big or small. It started with being glichy in cs2, so I used cs3 to make a picture.... got it finished and took it to a morph program and then saved it.l After that none of the programs on my PC will not open an image?
    I can use the internet fine though. I went to msconfig, all is well there, and the device manager is fine. I have run 15 virus/trojan scans, cleaned the cache and the registry. Using, spybot, a2squared, adaware se, mcafee, ccleaner
    I am stumped??
    Help

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Soiunds like one of your image programs is out of date, or requires special software... what are the extensions that result?

3. lostgirl

lostgirl TS Rookie Topic Starter

My image programs are new....

Alot of the other people are using older versions of Photoshop like 7..... I am using CS3 aka photshop 13
    ;, it is the latest version.. My memory upgrade is 6months old and the internet runs fine on sites that need extra memory to load..
    So I have no clue?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.