Projector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOONDOG

I was thinking of grabbing a projector for gaming/movie watching off my computer. I just started looking into it and was wondering if any1 had any input or knowledge to toss. I'm not looking for crystal clear quality but I'm looking at 720p/1280x768 as a minimum. I also haven't perfected my Midas touch yet, so my range is ~$800 (obviously the lower the better). Any thoughts?

That price is just around the low end of 720p projectors from what I can tell from a Google Product Search. I'm not sure how good the cheapest ones are.

Things to consider:
- DLP or LCD type (LCOS is probably too expensive). The cheap DLP projectors probably have single-chip DLP system, so it might be suspectible to the rainbow effect. I don't know about the recent technology improvements though.

- Number of inputs. Do you need composite / component / VGA / HDMI / SCART / other, and how many?

- Replacement lamp price (and availability, if the projector model is old)

- Placement. Does the projector have sufficient zoom and image movement capabilities?

- Noise. Quiet usually means expensive.

Probably a lot more that I can't think of right now too.

I have experience only about Epson EMP-TW520 which I've had since August '06. No complaints about it whatsoever :)

Thanks for your info =) I'm starting from no knowledge here so I appreciate it. I'm currently researching the big diff between dlp and lcd. A current version of the Epson EMP-TW520 looks about right for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back