Promoting the PC

abbasi

Hello all,

I work on a PC with the following specs. I'm going to promote it, that is, make its performance higher and faster and better than before!

This is my plane:
1- Since my HDD has worked two years until now, and the lifetime of HDDs are limited and low, so I'm going to replace it with a new one, this time, a 1TB.
2- purchasing an SSD drive and install it on the mobo to works along with the new H.D.D
3- Replacing the 4GB RAM with an 8GB one or purchasing another 4GB and install it beside the previous 4GB.
4-Then installing Win 7 x64 on the SSD (to get its advantages for the OS) and use the HDD as a storage for keeping other materials.

Is it the plane you would do it if you were me?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    145.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Unless I needed more space, I'd skip step 1.

The lifetime of an HDD is not as limited as one would think. Two years is nothing for an HDD, that is not even midlife in my book. I have Seagate drives with 10 years on them. You know the ones everyone talks about with a bad failure rate. That hard drive could last you another decade if you don't plan its obsolescent date. Personal drives will last longer than drives in a Data Center.

Th
Unless I needed more space, I'd skip step 1.

The lifetime of an HDD is not as limited as one would think. Two years is nothing for an HDD, that is not even midlife in my book. I have Seagate drives with 10 years on them. You know the ones everyone talks about with a bad failure rate. That hard drive could last you another decade if you don't plan its obsolescent date. Personal drives will last longer than drives in a Data Center.
Thank you for your answer.

Back