Proprietary BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

Lately I have been seeing a lot of posts with users complaining about upgrades with brand name computers.

Here's a little info users should be aware of.

Many brand name computer manufactuers, DELL, Packard-bell, etc.... use proprietary parts to force end users to buy their components instead of after-market parts. DELL and Packard-Bell are famous for this. SO, if you plan on ever tinkering with a computer and are going to buy one, think about buying or making a generic system. IT will save you a lot of frustration and expense in the future.

comments welcome.

I agree. It's always better to build a system then to buy it stock. At least then you know exactly what's going into your computer, or the one who build it will know, and if any problem arise, it's so much easier to locate.

So you say, "but a stock computer is cheaper than building one." That's because they use cheap parts. Because they have huge buying power, they can custom build mobo. That mobo would only have the bare minimum components they would need to build that series of computers. You will save more money in the long run by building one. A built system has much better upgrade ability. It will be built to suit your needs. I have used stock and I have used customer built. I will recommand built system all day long.

cT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back