Protection System Malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a windows xp service pk 3 pc that has been infected with "Protection System" malware! I am having a terrible time trying to get this junk off of the pc!

Steps taken so far:
1. Malwarebytes - have tryed this several times. will not even open. was able to delete the program and now it will not re-install at all
1. A-squared - ran the free version and 21 items were found. I deleted them and thought my problems were over.
by the way all the above was done in safe mode.

I rebooted the pc and everything looked good except for the 3 gross icons that were on the desktop so I moved them to the recycle bin and then a few minutes later here comes the pop ups again from the "protection System" software!

Has anyone seen this nasty software yet? Does anyone have any idea how to remove it?!

please help!
thanks
techie

just finished running COMODO anit-virus. 8 items found and deleted.... still have protection system pop ups.
I used COMODO and clicked on active apps running in memory and noticed the problem child file "wscvc32.exe" so I right clicked it and selected Terminate & Block and it goes away for a second and then comes right back!

After running MalwareBytes in regular mode, Immediately shut down, and reboot in SAFE MODE< then run MalwareBytes again in SAFE MODE.
Then go back and run SuperAntiSpyware in regular mode. (It will not run in SafeMode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back