PS/2 Connection Replacing?

By FartComa
Aug 4, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, i was stupid and broke my PS/2 port on my keyboard...is there some one to replace this?
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

your best bet would probably be to get a ps/2 to usb adapter and run your mouse off the usb port.
  3. FartComa

FartComa Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

how would an adapter help when the ps/2 port is broke? >.<
  4. DLx/P

DLx/P Newcomer, in training Posts: 103

iss, is saying to just get the adapter and use it instead of the ps/2. Plug it into one of your usb ports.

I use a ps2 wireless mouse running through a usb at work, with the adapter. This woul be the cheapest and easiest fix for you.
  5. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

I believe he is saying he broke the PS2 connector on his keyboard cable.

Keyboard's are cheap. If your saying you broke the PS2 connector on the keyboard cable then buying another keyboard would be your only choice. If your saying your broke the PS2 port on the motherboard then like iss said, get a PS2->USB adapter and use your USB port to connect your keyboard.
  6. FartComa

FartComa Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

yeah, the plug on the keyboard is broken, sorry for the confusion ---

and i just bought this keyboard...why would a little thing like that be impossible to replace?
  7. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

Well, unless you have an extra PS2 keyboard lying around and you have the wiring skills to cut the existing one of and replace it with an extra, then your out of luck. Sorry :p hehe
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.