PS/2 Keyboard not working in DOS mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an AMD 64 processor and MSI K8 motherboard with Phenoix bios. i wanted to install Win XP 64 bit edition from the existing Win XP SP2 and to that, i inserted the boot disk. i cant carry out changes when the startup sequence asks to press a key. the NUMLOCK or CAPSLOCK buttons also dont work.
the problem has continued even with a Win98 startup disk. keyboard refuses to function in the DOS mode.
PLEASE HELP

i have already tried that method. i tried loading the optimised defaults. it did not help. there is no option that says anything about usb keyboard.
i talk to the hardware manufacturer today but he said that the RAM stick i have (hynix maybe) is not totally compatible with the MSI motherboard, i dont understand this, if it can work within Windows then whats with dos???

I have the same board and just last week i used the live update software that came with the mobo to update the bios after it finished and rebooted my ps/2 wouldn't work. Im now using a usb keyboard and mouse. Maybe you can use a usb keyboard on yours.

re:

i will try using a usb kybd but i dnt think it will work since the msi guy said that sometimes the problem starts due to isb keyboard. will keep u posted..

check

will my problem be solved if i fit another module from Krypton in parallel with the existing one??
also, does it affect performance if i fit 1 module of 133MHz with another of 266Mhz???
of different companies???

When i was searching for answers to your problem i found that some fixed the problem by reinstalling windows and some fixed it by updating their bios to a older or newer version. As far as mine working with the usb keyboard. Sometimes i have to unplug it and then plug in back in while the computer is running for the computer to see it. As far as MSI goes i think if they know that there is a common problem like this with the mobo they made. They should atleast try to fix it instead of us having to spend our time fixing a problem they made or give us new mobos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back