PS/2 Mouse port is broken (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cephas

Okay, this only happened this morning. I've been taking the mouse in and out a bit over the last few days because I recently bought a wireless mouse and I keep forgetting to keep metal things away from the recievcer, and for some reason it will only connect to the mouse when i'm actually logged onto my account... But I don't think thats important...

What the big problem is, is that whatever mouse I use, the cursor is not responding. I'm guessing it's because I was too rough putting in/taking out my mouse and something inside the ps/2 port snapped or something...

At the moment i'm using an extremely hard and uncomfortable to use "mouse emulator" that works via the numpad. It's really annoying and I can't get anything done, so i'd really like some help with this as soon as poss. Is there any solution? Do I need to buy a new port or something? You tell me. (Thanks)

Some people are busy solving other problems at hand or may be away from the keyboard at the moment but they stayed logged in.

Check your PS2 connector to see if there are any pins broken off.

Connect the USB mouse to your computer and reboot. Make sure the reciever and/or mouse is turned on.

Partian Shot said:
Well, it doesn't matter what mouse I use, wireless or not.

Just thought I would suggest plugging in the wireless mouse and rebooting to rule out driver installation.

You could try to use a wired USB mouse to check to make sure it works. If that mouse doesn't work, could be sometime wrong with USB or if you have a bunch of devices connected via USB, you may require a self-powered USB hub

Partian Shot said:
There are 108 people viewing this board!? Why is nobody helping me!!!??
This is an all volunteer site. If you require immediate assistance pay someone to fix your problem. Your attitude irritates people, I'm sure some that saw this thread now have no desire to try and help you.

Umm...sorry. I didn't mean to annoy people...

And I only have ps/2 mice... I didn't know you could get USB mice... Can I buy them in a normal pc shop and do they require a setup or something?

As long as you have a free USB port in your computer and assuming they are enabled in your BIOS, you can visit any retail store and buy a USB mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back