Ps help! Sound Blaster live! 5.1 DE problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the original drivers installed, I set my SB live! 5.1 DE to 5.1 speakers mode, but after restarting or everytime I boot up the PC, only front L and front R work properly, centre and rear L/R speakers don't have sound at all.

I need to select the 4 speakers mode, and play a bit of music/mp3, then select 5.1 speakers mode again, all the speakers work fine.
Really weird. What's wrong with this?

I've tried the latest drivers from Creative website (dated 17 Jul 2002), but it works ok but my centre speaker become extreme unclear when I played the DVD with AC3 5.1Ch. So I uninstalled it and re-install the original drivers with software bundle.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

my PC config:

AMD Duron 750
MSI KT7 Turbo
1G SDRAM
E-Lab 5.1 AC3/DTS speakers system
Windows 2000 Pro (service pack 2)

Is digital output always on? It may automatically be set like that when you switch to 4.1.

Check your windows speaker settings, usually under the sounds and multimedia control panel, and to advanced. You might not have changed that...It's definitely a problem around that area.

I've selected the 5.1 speakers system under control panel-->sound and multimedia->audio-->preferred device-->advance-->speakers

The problem still there.
Please help.

You also have to select 5.1 speakers from the Creative speaker setup.

Are you sure you have the latest drivers, the one I got is newer tha july I think.
(Maybe it's just for my soundcard?)

Do those speakers you have use an external decoder?

If they do, then connect a MONO mini jack from the digital out (the orange plug) into the digital in.
In the creative sound mixer enable digital output only. This will then have the external decoder mixing, and reproducing ALL sound sources that enter in.

I have the same sort of system (providing you use the external decoder)
And everything I put threw the system is mixed in Dolby Prologic except the AC-3/DTS stream. Try that option, and get back to us.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back