TechSpot

PS2 Keyboard Problem on Newly Bult PC

By cracking7
Jan 12, 2006
  1. Hi there

I have just built my first PC. I wanted to learn more about PC-so thought I would try and build my own would be good start.
    Its gone NOT too good at present, but I guess thats the learning curve.

I seam to have a problem with the PS 2 Keyboard. It doesn't work and all I get is the 3 lights of Num Lock/Caps Lock/Scroll Lock are all LED lit up.
    I tried another Working PS2 keyboard and this did the same, but I could get a USB keyboard that worked in the USB socket. Any ideas on whats going wrong with the PS 2 keyboard and what should I do? - could this be a MOBO thats not working?
    Could it be my BIOS settings?
    The PC starts fine in XP

Look forward for some help and advise, really would be grateful, best regards

Spec:
    AMD 64 3200+ (+ CPU Heatsink and Fan)
    MSI KN8 Neo2 Platinum MOBO
    MSI 5500 256 AGP Graphics cards
    1 GB RAM - Crucial
    40GB HD
    Antec SmartPower 400W PSU
    Iomega ZIP
    Floppy Drive
    CD-ROM - Ordered a new ROM

2. cracking7

cracking7 TS Rookie Topic Starter

IT's Solved NOW
    :) :) :)

3. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

the point of a public forum is to help all people, not just you. next time, don't spam your own thread.

Either erase your original question -or- even better, explain what you did to fix the issue so it may help others that run into the same problem.

4. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

It`s kinda funny in a self referential way,though.

5. cracking7

cracking7 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Chill out!!,
    Posted so many times for help and no one else bothered to help out this newly PC upgrader - still found to do it yourself and you learn more and by your mistakes. Oppppsss sounds like 'not just you' :angel:

I repaired XP twice and the second time it work OK!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.