TechSpot

PS2 Online

By Magniitude
Jan 26, 2007
  1. I recently got a new slim PS2 and I want to play games online. It says I already have my network adapter built in, so I'm fine. Thing is, all I've read to install it is to plug the ethernet cable into my router. What if I want to play it downstairs, and my computer is upstairs? I have a modem with DSL, what am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to get like a 100 ft cable or something, or do I just find a phone jack in the wall?

Thanks,
    Mag

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Get a router or switch with a wireless antenna, then install a receiver antenna device/adapter on your computer upstairs.

3. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Posts: 752

Thats what I did for my PS2, but the problem is, my wireless internet was very crappy, so I took the network equipment back to my computer. I would hope you are ok playing games while using internet downstairs.

4. Magniitude

Magniitude TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 80

Hmm...its just that I imagined this process to be a little easier... :) I'll probably just bring a smaller tv upstairs and put it next to the computer.

Another question: how do sites like gamespot get their ps2 screenshots so sharp? They look exactly like they were taken from a pc - tv resolution's seem so low.

5. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

The real question is does anyone even play ps2 online anymore? The last time i played online (which was like 4 years ago), there was only like 6 people online.

6. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Posts: 752

Lots of people play online on the PS2. I checked on BFII, and there was 105 servers with about 15 players a server :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.