PS3 does not read discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzen

I have a 40 gig fat ps3. It wont read any disks( games, blue-rays, or dvd's). I do not get any error code but I do get the clock spinning in the upper right. Any thoughts?

It would be helpful to know the hardware... memory installed - hard drive brand, age and percent of free space available, and whether it has been defragged - CD or DVD drive model and age... as any of those can be a significant factor in the cause of the problem.

I'm not sure how to defrag a PS3 HD. It has 40 gig hard drive and their is not much on it. Everything else would be standard for a Sony. I'm guessing the laser might be out or out of line. I thinking I will send it some place to get fixed. Sony wants about $150 and other places want around $100.

Ok, send it to Sony to have it fixed. Nowhere else. If you've sent it to a 3rd party company to fix it then your warranty will be voided and Sony will refuse to give you any kind of support with it.

Maybe it's a problem with the laser.

This is what I chose to do. Third parties want around $120 or so with shipping and seemed a little shady. Sony I think wanted around $150. So since it was a 40 gig fatty and out of warrenty, I went and bought a new 250 gig slim. It might be a little silly but I chose that solution instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back