PS3 Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamas123

I thought i'll start a thread on PS3 cause there isn't any threads on PS3 and it's the latest PS console out

Give your Opinions and Views About the PS3 and

Lets make lists of The Top 10 Games on the PS3.

umm wow ps3, what can I say, it might just be the most poorly marketed system yet. With a useless built in blue ray player. Not much to say, ps3 is failing. Go fire the head of marketing department. They are just about breaking even with each sale. They even sold some exclusive titles, rest of the FF series will be released to x box now. GG Bill Gates, lol

PS3 = FTL.

Terrible system.
Terrible compatibility (FEAR had to have it's visual quality reduced to work on it even though it has more powerful hardware than a 360)
Made by a Terrible company.
Overall Terrible.

FTL FTL FTL!

With a useless built in blue ray player

Why is it useless? It's one of the main reasons I bought a ps3. If I just wanted gaming, I'd get a wii. The ps3 is one of the cheapest(if not the cheapest) bluray player, and it's one of the best. Also, since it's networked, it can get upgrades(firmware) to improve it's capabilities. It's about time dvd is being replaced. Dvd just doesn't look acceptable on any sort of high def tv.

I will say there isn't much in the game department that's very good, but I hear oblivion is nice. It's just a matter of time until some good games come out.

The ps3 is really tearing up on the folding@home front though, which is a good thing. More teraflops to find cures to diseases can't be bad.

Oh, and the playstation home demo looked pretty cool as well.

I considered a 360, but I don't like the hd player being an add-on (that makes it look ghetto in a home theater). I also don't like that a surprisingly high percent of 360's get the "3 red lights of death," that it doesn't have hdmi, and I don't want a console that sounds like a jet's taking off. Not that the ps3 can't be faulted as well, but it seems a better fit to me.

That said, I'm satisfied with my ps3, even if sony is as bad as microsoft...

All I can say, is that by playing all of the systems and owning none of them, nothing can beat an Xbox 360 with Gears of War online (and singleplayer). Its just so much fun, I couldn't see myself buying anything else without regretting it. Also, Xbox Live makes everything so painless and fluent.

With other great upcoming games such as Mass Effect, Fable 2, GoW2, Huxley, Forza 2, and possibly World of Warcraft, why would you need something else? And don't get me started on Halo 3.

While the PS3 is great and all, Sony doesn't offer the package that Microsoft does. Thats all. Microsoft doesn't necessarily have a better company, and the 360 doesn't necessarily have better compatibility. They just offer a better package. And if I absolutely needed a Blue-Ray player this instant, I would buy one like every other person.

As for the Wii, its great fun, and I would buy one of them too. But I'm saving up for only one console, and thats the 360.

One more thing, Devil May Cry 4 is coming out on the 360 as well, and that game will rock.

No wonder Sony are looking for improvements for the ps3

I have been going to a couple of websites and read that since sony are looking for improvements on the ps3 they are thinking of making a ps4 but not before 2010.

The PS3 is doing quite bad and they're already thinking of the PS4? And Sony is the only company IMO that thinks that a higher price translates to better quality products. Their USB sticks retail for Dhs. 160 apiece for a 1GB stick here! (which is around $50! WTF?) Ditto the PS3, which is more expensive in Europe than it is in the rest of the world, for some odd reason.

PS3 is garbage. Sure it has a blu-ray player, but it's the THIRD Sony system... by now you'd think they'd have the sense to make something like Xbox Live.

360 is just plain better, and it's always gonna be better.

Wii too.

Well well anyway the good thing about ps3 is that it has a wireless controller which you can use to control your car in racing games by moving it left and right.

the controller is called Sixaxis another word for dualshock 3

PS3 SPECS:

CPU: Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
Total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS
GPU: RSX @550MHz

1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines
Sound:
Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-based processing)
Memory:
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
System Bandwidth:
Main RAM -- 25.6GB/s
VRAM -- 22.4GB/s
RSX -- 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB -- 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)
System Floating Point Performance:

2 TFLOPS
Storage:
Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1
I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1
Communication:
Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
Controller:
Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output
Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1
Disc Media:

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

not out in uk yet but i cba wif thm tbh last time i got a psp wen they came out cost 250 pounds broke it after a week :D hehe LOL! but o well :) who cares tbh i dont my parents dont so o well :D the funny thing is i broke it and then told them
next day got a new mongoose hehe =] good 300 pounds on that baby which has had a flat tire for nearly 5 months xD

This isn't a PS3 vs Xbox 360 or vs any other console. Stick to the subject or I might have to close this topic.

well i think the ps3 is good and im getting one soon. i cant wait. grant turismo 5 is going to be good as and killzone 2

Halo71
I am just showing you the specifications of the ps3 so you know that how good or bad it is you know.(Are you trying to be funny)
Any way i would like to tell you that ps3 has more power than the xbox 360

Not trying to be funny at all! You just said the same thing in your last post as I said. I wasn't the one that asked what the point of your post was. Re-read above maybe???

hamas123 said:
I am just showing you the specifications of the ps3 so you know that how good or bad it is you know.(Are you trying to be funny)
Any way i would like to tell you that ps3 has more power than the xbox 360

but overall they are about the same.
They both look quite nice.
This thread will be closed by a mod if you don't stop comparing the two.
Oh and BTW, your last two and first two statements seem to contradict each other methinks.

Personaly I think PS3 would sell ALOT more if they didnt make it $878556 and sell it for the same price as the Xbox 360 or something... Also take out all the crap that they just HAD to include ( Like the Blu-ray driver )

The reason most games are switching is because PS3 really sucks and take too long to develope because of the Blu-ray drive... If you look at the Oblivion game for PS3 Bethesda said that they had to extend release for about 2 months because of all the glitches the blu-ray caused

yeah like I previously stated, the blue ray player was a waste, they could have sold the ps3 for the same price without it and all the fanboys would have still bought it, sony could have saved 300 dollars in production as well.

Who out of all the people who have posted in this thread, other than me and vnf4ultra, actually own a PS3? I own a PS3, 360, and a Wii. I've had the 360 since launch day(sat in line a local Wal-mart for 4 hours) and it was a great system until I got the 'Rings O' Death' in January, and now I dont consider it worth the $140 to get it repaired off warranty because I know it will only happen again. I was around and watch'd the 360 mature over the last year and a half and I am now watching the PS3 get all the same features with updates. The way I see it, the PS3 with be able to do everything the 360 can online by the end of the year, maybe even sooner, that is really the only thing they are lacking right now. I'm perfectly content with the 3 PS3 games I own(Motorstorm, Resistance, and Full Auto 2) and I've only beaten one of them so far(Resistance in Co-op) I'm really looking forward to Lair, Killzone, Unreal 3, and maybe MGS4. I've never really got into the metal gear series but with all the hype about it I may have to at the very least rent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back