TechSpot

PSP Questions

By k1n9k00p4
Nov 30, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just a few questions about PSP's cause if i cant get a 360 on friday then im buying a PSP.

So, does the PSP have wi-fi multiplayer like the DS?

Is it possible to play singe-card multiplayer like the DS?

How much is sony online? is there a monthly subscription fee? or is it free?

can you get your psp online via usb2 cable or do you have to use the wi-fi?

are there any co-op games such as LOTR: The return of the king out there?

cheers,

Luke

2. k1n9k00p4

k1n9k00p4 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 110

wowo awesome thanks for the help guys. :confused:

3. PC_Nerd

PC_Nerd TS Rookie Posts: 95

Man, Seriously, Dont Get A PSP If You Can Get An X360!!!! PSP's Sound Like Overpriced Lumps Of Crap!!!!

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

More or less, you can play on a LAN or on the net via the WiFi link, just as you can on the DS.
    I doubt it. UMD discs are bigger, meaning the games are bigger & there would be too much data to send over the WiFi. DS games can go up to 128MB max, so it's not something a WiFi link wouldn't be able to handle.
    No. Right now it's up the game developpers to provide servers & manage the connections. Fees & such would vary from game to game. There's no centralised online service.
    There's no LAN port & I don't think you can do it over the USB cable.
    Probably.

5. mattw

mattw TS Rookie Posts: 117

yep has wifi

yep single card multiplayers are out there, e.g. wipeout and burnout legends (only one disk is need for 2 ppl to play)

no subscription fee

it uses wireless so if you got a wireless router your sorted, just find the connection with the psp then BAMM

there are some coming soon

ive got a psp, its worth getting :cool:

6. k1n9k00p4

k1n9k00p4 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 110

LMAO guys i got a PSP, and then took it back the next day. I had that feeling you have when youve just had sex with an ugly girl after a wild nite out.

my advice to people with £250 spare..........DONT BUY A PSP.

GET A DS AND AN MP3 PLAYER, YOULL BE MUCH HAPPIER.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.