Psu +12 ?

By Fizics
Nov 5, 2006
  1. i "finished" my first build this weekend and am having a problem first it was random restarts while playing any game that still happens but now its either a random restart or a total freeze (no response at all NOTHING key board mouse...) i ran through everything making sure drivers are up to date etc... i read the sticky on random restarts and came to this +12 should only be running 5-6% off well using the pc-probe that came with my mobo ive been figuring that its running between 7-9% different could this be the cause of my troubles if it is then is there a way to adjust it.

if not the only other thing i can think of is a corrupt OS
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

You can "adjust" the 12V output by reducing the load on the PSU. Disconnect all three dozen of your huge fans maybe? :p

Or, get a more powerful/expensive PSU. Of course, it may be that your PSU is bad too..
  3. Fizics

Fizics TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

NOOOOoooo not my dozen 120mm's

thanks for the advice when i removed the old IDE drive that incresed it to an average of 11.52 so that will hold me for now but i will look into investing $XXX on a PSU
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.