PSU for HIS HD5750

Status
Not open for further replies.

umar

Hello to all members ,

Brothers i am planning to buy HIS HD 5750 512 MB ivcooler but due to low budget i wont be able to buy a brand PSU i.e CM460 ,Cx 400 etc.some friends of mine told me that i can also run card on a seperated chinese Power supply mean by it will not be started by motherboard it will activated by shorting pins and will be done permanentely.means that both psu the one powering the mother boards will be activated by mobo and other psu will be activated by shorting. Will it damage the card if i do this? please advice .As psu requirement for 5750 is 85w underload.

Best

If you mean that you're using a device like THIS, then you should be ok.

However, the quality could be an issue. What's your budget?

Bro i am not using device its a normal psu. I know how to activate it without plugging in the mobo? my budget max USD140 max.

Could you tell me the amount you're left with after buying the HD 5750. The HD 5750 itself costs about US$140. Then you're not left with any money for a PSU.

I suggest you get the Radeon HD 4770 and a PSU like the Corsair 400CX. Or maybe even a cheaper 500W Cooler Master Extreme Power.

The 4770 will give you great performance at those resolutions.

Yup, if it was handling the HD 4850 it should easily cope with the 5750.

But Archean, notice that the OP said that the HD 4850 "got damaged". We don't know if it was the cheap PSU that caused it.

hmm let see yaar or will have purchase CM 460 bro as in pakistan they are offering only 3 months warranty for that product but the company offer 2 yr warranty so i am not in mood to spend USD50. for that

Looking for a way out , HD4850 was on CM460 i had it but it got damaged but no warranty claimed in pakistan after 3 months but mfg offer 2 yr warranty.

so i am looking for a way . that is mention in my first post please see let me know.I dont think by doing that it will get damaged ? let me know your opinion.

@ Archean
reference to PSU:1) here in pakistan they dont offer warranty for Cooler master power supply not more than 3 months although the mfg offers 2 months.Suddenly in the 9th month it stop working. As warranty could be claimed i got it checked with technician they told the FET were damaged although there was not burnt on the PCB.I checked the FUSE i was also ok.i tired to start manually but no show from it.

2) Reference to GPU: i got my GPU from australia GigabyteHD4850 suddenly it stopped working after 1 yr .wasnt getting detect at my mobo , tired on other mobo also. then i planned to RMA it as gigabyte offer 3 yr warranty for all the product but from pakistan the cost of transport is to much nearly equal to the price of New 5750 so i dropped the idea of sending.

3) now i am planning to buy HIS HD5750 but the problem is that i dont want to buy branded psu as they dont offer full warranty. the point is if i dedicate a Chinese psu of 350w only to the GPU. is ok to run like that ?

If you can find good 'IT shop/supplier' you should be able to get full warranty. Recently I had to RMA my just under 3 years old Intel board and yes they charged me shipping cost etc. but it was about 25% of the price of a new board, so it was well worth in my view.

I have no idea about any good equipment supplier in your area, you will have to dig that info out yourself; my suggestion is try buying from suppliers who are working in 'corporate' sector; as they do provide reasonably good warranties (and be prepared they will be bit more expensive than the other smaller vendors).

Anyway, if you want to buy an chinese built PSU, go for say 550W, so it gives you bit more headroom (even if its not what it is saying on the box).

@ Archean
Thanks for the advice bro. Gigabyte and supplier in australia told to me send it. but the cost factor is to much.i will have to dig in but there are lots of complications here.
What u say about the psu think should i run like that?

Well please re-read what I said earlier ...... i.e. ....... Anyway, if you want to buy an chinese built PSU, go for say 550W, so it gives you bit more headroom (even in case if its not what it is saying on the box).

I understand the problem Umar. Here too we have a similar problem with warranty and after sales service.

Still I would advise you to purchase a branded PSU.

BTW, which PSU are you using now or rather which PSU were you using with the HD 4850?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back